Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Sep 25, 2020 at 08:33 PM

VENT

M. I need to vent

C. Go on. Get it out of your system. Why are you furious? What triggered this?

M. I’m furious because I’m pissed that EM didn’t jump up and down about PM

C. Can I ask a few questions?

M. Sure

C. Did he make any positive statements?

M. I suppose

C. My understanding was that he saw the utility of having the playbook available. He pointed out how the questions you asked forced him to consider some issues he wasn’t considering, right?

M. That’s true

C. And you felt super comfortable and confident, right? You sounded like you were an expert. You sounded like you’d been in the HC industry forever. I mean, how did you feel you did?

M. You’re right. Mission accomplished. I felt super comfortable. I was able to ask great questions. I was able to drive a great conversation. I was surprised at how well I did.

C. Awesome

M. I think what I’ll do next is to:
- Update the exit criteria
- Create a complete DS
- Review scorecard
- Add mock content to remaining stages
- Add mock content to ST

C. Excellent. Think about it. When you’re done with this exercise you will be able to show how a SP will be able to excel at execution of BP before/during/after for each phase. Plus, your new layout is much better than now.

M. Definitely

C. I would make a comparison between the OPP description and the DS. Which format provides more consistent, thorough and contextual approach? Also emphasize that PM is reinforcing best practices at multiple levels for both SR and SM. Does that help?

M. Big time

C. Come back for another round later.

M. Okay. Thanks again.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote