View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 26, 2020 at 09:15 PM

How is everyone. I’m going to have a hot apple cider drink, anyone want to join me?

I think today is the last of the warm days. Despite the warm temperatures a lot of trees have yellowed and dropped their leaves. Not many orange or red trees yet, mostly yellow. I was so surprised on my trip to the library just how many trees had turned.

Speaking of the library, I requested 8 or 9 books last week and picked up three on Friday and just today received a message that a forth one is ready! Oh my! I hope I can read all of them before they’re due. They all come from different libraries in the southern half of the state so there’s different due dates and some can’t be renewed although all 3 I picked up are older books. I’m making my way though different series. I’m on book 13 of William Kent Kruger. I just started book one of Sue Grafton’s Kinsey series. I’ve read the more recent books but I decided to start with A is for Alibi and read them in order. The other book is an abnormality for me. As a rule I don’t read romance but I was bored and read the one I got for mum. It wasn’t bad. It read more like a cozy mystery and the back of the book explained the writer always puts a bit of mystery into her books. She writes under three names, one each for historical romance, futuristic romance and current romance. So I decided to request one of her futuristic books. Then after I got those a new book came in. Can’t think of the author right now ( Paterson)but he’s a profligate author always churning them out. But he’s very readable and does the mystery genre that I love so much.

The trump books I requested are still on the waiting list, I think I’m number 40 and 42. It will be awhile before those get to me. And I forgot to request the third book of a science fiction trilogy by Nora Roberts although I do have a request in for her newest In Death series.

I love history but right now I find myself devouring easy books. They are such I lovely distraction from real life. I’m so glad all the southern libraries of my state have joined together in a joint operation. You can get a book from any of them for free. I wouldn’t be able to go back and read the series I have read unless they had that option. The small library here just wouldn’t be able to keep books so old. Once I get caught up I’m going to start on the Game of Thrones series. I really in joyed getting theDVDs from the library now I’m going to go back and read the books.

Oh my I’ve really gone on haven’t I. How are the rest of you doing?

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady