Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2020
371 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2020 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
Hi all,

I thought you might be able to help me with this issue I've been having with my psychiatrist.

It seems like we're not on a clear path anymore. I know with the pandemic, everything has gotten messed up, but still, I think that my psychiatrist and I have gotten off course. Perhaps way off course.

The reason I think this is because I'm on way more medication in terms of dosage and of the number of medications I take.

I just wanted to get your opinion as to whether I should find a new psychiatrist or not. It's hard for me because I've been seeing this one for around 6 years now, and I have generally thought he's done a decent job. But as of late, I'm finding myself more and more frustrated about the meds and what we're doing because we seem to lack a clear consensus. My parents repeatedly tell me that I'm basically the one to blame because I don't tell the psychiatrist the right stuff, etc. But hey, I mean I am the patient, I remind them. Any ideas on what to do?
Hi, I will stick my neck out and say that based on what you have said, You maybe would benefit from a professional psychologist as they would know about what talk therapy to enroll you on, and think about weening yourself off the med's as some times there more trouble than it's worth.
There is a huge difference between professional help and service provider, ask yourself if you want to move on with your life.
ShaneG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, WastingAsparagus