ShaneG
Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2020
371 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I feel like I need to just find a new psychiatrist. I've just had some stuff recently with this psychiatrist that makes me not trust him too much anymore. The stuff is that I didn't tell him about a med switch I had made and I didn't tell him that I had sought a second opinion at first, and then I told him later, but the whole thing just made me uncomfortable.

Then he keeps pushing for making changes to my meds. I am not saying I am absolved from guilt about this, because sometimes I tell him I feel flat on these meds. And if all were perfect, I would be able to go down on these meds.

I feel like the pandemic has negatively affected our relationship. That is because we have these brief video check ins and he always ends up making some sort of switch that I'm not happy with at the end of those. I just need psychiatric care that makes sense! I, like some others on this board, research meds a ton and I know what makes me feel better and what doesn't, so unless a doctor can convince me of a med switch, I am not going to comply. This psychiatrist has not explained the switches he wants to make well. He always ends up trying to convince me with an explanation of the neurotransmitters that are involved, and I always just glaze over at that point because I don't care. Then again, I know that this current med combination is probably too much, and I want to make changes, but not in the way he is doing it. I have difficulty tolerating any discomfort.
I believe that more patients have seen the light that shines through the wooded forest of how our minds work and behave in response to unwanted or even unconsented stimulus to things like 'voices' & group gaslighting.

By way of definition, modern Psychiatry is clearly a failing quasi-judicial medical cult.

There is no messianic wonder drug, or chemical imbalance this is evidence of brainwashing within the profession, I think we as sufferers could and maybe should form our own treatment network.
ShaneG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, WastingAsparagus