View Single Post
Travelinglady
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
22.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2020 at 11:59 AM

I don't think our local libraries are doing much either. I have bags and bags of books and shelves full of books, and I still order books from eBay.

I bought two of Alexander McCall Smith's latest The #1 Ladies Detective Series books. This series is the delightful accounts of a lady from Botswana and her secretary, etc. She doesn't do murders, but more things like possibly straying husbands, robbery, etc. They are easy reads and very entertaining.

I'm now reading a sci-fi book called The Vanishing Point, in which one morning about three-fourths of the population just disappears--and the survivors are adjusting, and the scientist survivors are trying to figure out what happened. Religious folks usually think the rapture has occurred.

I'm also reading a collection of short stories by sci-fi writer Harland Ellison. He has written some of the most memorable short stories I have ever read. Some of them are rather dark, and Ellison was a controversial man.

I'm also still working on my second murder mystery. This one is more of a cozy than the first one I wrote. The main character is a church secretary--and she solves the crime. It's fun to try my hand at a type of book I really like. I'm thinking of trying to write a sci-fi mystery book after this one.

Reading is such a pleasure for me --and I see for some of the rest of you, too. Good for libraries for making books available. I keep hearing about more and more books I'd love to read. I've read all the Kinsey series and really enjoyed them.

If you are into lighter reading, then you might like the series of books about a woman bounty hunter named Stephanie. She's bumbling and her cars keep getting blown up! I'll have to puzzle over the author's name and get back to you all. (Warning: the books are racy.)

pachy, what kind of books do you like? How about the rest of you?

See, I can run on and on when I start talking about books!
Travelinglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
Nammu