Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Sep 27, 2020 at 08:20 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Hi. I need to vent and decompress

C. Let’s hear it. What’s on your mind?

M. Lots.

C. Go on

M. I’m working on the C project and went into their instance this morning and the product wasn’t working.

C. Go on

M. This is the first time this happened. My frustration is that I haven’t heard from MM, which really pisses me off.

C. Go on. Why does this piss you off?

M. It pisses me off because he said he was going to get back to me by now, so I have no idea with what’s going on with the product. That’s just ******** that he wouldn’t keep a customer apprised about status. Complete ********.

C. Go on. What else? What are you worried about?

M. I’m concerned that there’s a big issue that M hasn’t told me about.

C. Go on

M. I’m concerned that there’s a big bill coming he hasn’t told me about. I’m concerned that the issue with the C instance is related.

C. Is there anything that could indicate this is an isolated and therefore fixable issue?

M. Well, I did check 4 other instances and there was no issue

C. Well that has to be a relief

M. It is. It most definitely is.

C. Can I give you my perspective?

M. Please!

C. Remember what MM always says. It’s only S/W. In other words, it’s a fixable product.

M. That’s a good point. I do trust MM. I may be pissed that he hasn’t gotten back to me, but overall he has always been super reliable.

C. This is an important point.

M. Go on

C. You have options on what you can imagine.

M. True. Go on

C. You can catastrophize or you can imagine a better outcome

M. For instance?

C. Considering that M has been reliable in the past and that he and MH are experts, it’s perfectly reasonable to conclude that just like in the past, they will come through again, and that the C issue is solvable. Does that make sense?

M. It does

C. I know it’s a pain but my advice is that you stay focused on the various planned action items. You have time tomorrow and Tuesday to work on these.

M. Thanks for pointing this out

C. Let’s also not lose sight of all the great progress you made this week and how great you felt about PM as result

M. Thanks for pointing this out. I might have discounted this.

C. You felt great about FC, right?

M. I did

C. You did a great job, man! And yesterday you were fired up about how great the FC instance came out, right?

M. You’re right. I felt great. The FC instance looks fantastic!

C. There you go. Keep after it! Delay is not denial. Persevere. Recuperate. You have allergies tonight, so have a healthy dinner, plan out tomorrow, tidy up, wind down, and get to bed at a reasonable hour. Okay?

M. Okay. Thanks for hearing me out and helping me work through this. Really appreciate it.

C. You got it. Have a good evening.

M. You too.

M. Go on
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote