View Single Post
Travelinglady
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
22.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2020 at 10:19 PM

Yes, Nammu, you know the books I'm talking about. I remember the main character is Stephanie Plum--and yes, she has two guys who are interested in her. One, Joe, is a policeman and the other is Ranger, who runs a security business. Now if I could only remember the author's name. I'll look it up and report back--or else I'll be up all night trying to think of it. ... Okay, it's Janet Evanovich.

I just won on eBay a best of the best book of sci-fi short stories. I wonder if it has any of Ellison's short stories in there. The best known, I think, are "A Man and his Dog" and "I Have No Mouth, But I Must Scream." Yes, the latter one is chilling, but as an emotionally abused child, I can relate to the title.

Now if you want a break from reading, google or such "Online Scrabble." It will show a bunch of games on one site, including Scrabble. I get obsessed with playing.

I just ordered some pumpkin spice tea and coffee from eBay. I like hot tea and cider, too.

I find out about books from you folks, pachy, and also from the newspaper--and places such as Books-A-Million (are they open now?) have a monthly newspaper-like booklet about new books coming out. Also, MSNBC shows often feature the authors of new political books.

I'm hoping to get at least one of my books published by an actual publisher--not a vanity press or pay to publish way. We'll see.... Now, they are Christian mysteries, so that might turn some of you off. But I like to think they are entertaining and engaging. I've gotten good reports from people who have read the first one and are reading the second as I get more chapters ready. I don't think they are all just being nice--especially my sister!

What are you all doing to cheer yourself up during this viral drama? I have been buying live flowers to put in a vase in my kitchen. I like to see and smell them.

I'm drinking some green tea now.
Travelinglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu