Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2020 at 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Laura View Post
Erm lol we have school's all over the place

Nursery school (3-5 years) some are buildings on their own and others are built into primary schools

Primary School (4-12 years) in my local area there were 2 school's 1 Catholic and 1 Protestant

Secondary (High) School (12-18 years) there were 2 again 1 Catholic and 1 Protestant.

My High school was closed in 2009 and demolished in 2010... due to the city council (big wigs of my city) merging 2 Catholic Secondary School's together. My city takes about 2 hours to get from one end to the next. My School was in the East. And the other school in the West. They merged these school's together created a new school and placed it in the West of the city meaning kids in my area travel an hour to get to school via bus or car. Nightmare.

They are now talking of merging the 2 Protestant school's in the East to create a super school but its still being discussed.

Question: Is the education system where you are good or bad? Is there a private school in your area?
It's excellent. In the top 10 in my state. My state has some public schools in the top 40 in the country. It better considering our property taxes. I never had children, so didn't get any benefit from it. It's a shame that property taxes decide the quality of schools in the US! That is ultimately a form of discrimination. Not an opinion, but a fact. As for private schools, my area has a very large number. I don't know the exact count, but many. My town also includes Princeton University, one of the best universities in the world. My husband and I are moving because we can no longer afford to live where we do.

Have you taken or audited any form of class since graduating from college or high school, whichever came last?

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Sep 28, 2020 at 05:32 AM..