Thread: Fear of failure
View Single Post
KBMK

Member Since Aug 2020
612 hugs
given
Default Sep 28, 2020 at 01:59 PM

I can really sympathise with that feeling. It sounds to me like you're living under stress...having a kind of flight/freeze reaction. Idk what your familial relationships are like, but personally I've always striven for independence, and it's especially hard to get if you are getting a lot of conditional support from people...as in support that actually comes with a high hidden cost.
What kind of work are you looking at? Have you considered temping, or looking for training opportunities?
I know that it's really difficult to work hard if you don't have a clear idea of where it's getting you, also.
I've done an exercise where you envision your ideal future, and write about it, what you would have to do/change, and what your actions could lead to in the worst case, and what those actions are likely to lead to in reality...so you can aim for the stars, you might land in the gutter, but you're not likely to get stuck if you keep aiming up and focus on the fruits of your labour.
I'm sorry your struggling with this. I do know it is absolute purgatory, and it's not necessarily something you can just pull yourself out of without some help
KBMK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist