View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2020 at 07:42 PM

What an afternoon for me! GP told me to go to Urgent Care, so Hubby took me. For some reason my mood skyrocketed. I had been a bit revved up before that, but the anxiety heightened it more. I had an xray and luckily it didn't show any significant damage. I was told just likely a sprained neck and back, so rest and avoidance of strain is recommended.

At the urgent care they took my blood pressure twice. The first reading was a whopping 200 / 145. The second 185 / 113. I asked if I should expect to keel over and die, then I found it humorous and disturbing to the point of anxious laughter. The nurse and doctor didn't seem that concerned, oddly. Regardless, I asked the doc to write the readings down. By chance, I have a tele appointment with my nephrologist tomorrow morning, who also specializes in hypertension. I'll share this data since he's not exactly taking my blood pressure himself. He has my blood test results showing still high, but reduced, cholesterol and triglycerides. My kidney function was slightly worse. [You know, Lithium can really suck! I wish I had never taken that med!]

When I got home, I took my meds (including propranolol) and soaked in a lavender epsom salt bath. I took my blood pressure four times, 40 minutes later, and it averaged 130 / 80. Still high, but not as scary. I'll measure again in the morning. Maybe I will push for something that might help. I know my pdoc would appreciate that, too. Despite the ultra high blood pressure readings, my heart rate was fine all times. Thanks propranolol, but wish you helped my blood pressure more!

It's odd that at almost my very same weight in the past (15 years ago) that my blood pressure and cholesterol were normal. Age and medications must indeed be the culprits. Boo!

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Sep 28, 2020 at 08:04 PM..

Hugs from:
Anonymous45023, bpcyclist, Coolbreeze74, fern46, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Coolbreeze74