View Single Post
DazedAndKunfyoozed

Member Since Sep 2020
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 28, 2020 at 10:09 PM

My personal experiences would tell me not only "no" but "heck no", and I wouldn't feel bad about it. I would feel bad for them but not risk my own financial security. It's a sad fact that things like this far too often turn out very badly for the person loaning money or valuables or cosigning a loan or getting a loan for someone else. It took me decades to finally figure that out.

I own a twenty-seven year old pickup with lousy paint and a rusty roof. It MIGHT be worth $1500 but that's pushing it given its terrible cosmetic condition. I could buy an inexpensive new vehicle but have never thought buying new was a good investment. I've had this old truck for seven years and it's never given me a spot of trouble.

Even if my truck quit suddenly I would NEVER ask anyone to take out a loan for me to buy another rust heap, let alone a new vehicle.

There's an old saying, "If you never want to see someone again, just loan them some money. They'll avoid you the rest of their life". I've found this to be accurate.

Last edited by DazedAndKunfyoozed; Sep 28, 2020 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: added
DazedAndKunfyoozed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, lightly toasted, Open Eyes