View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 29, 2020 at 08:31 AM

There's one huge problem, so I found out, that no one warned me about, I had to go on Medicare. If you don't have health insurance, that's fantastic. If you do - I get it through my husband's work - you're screwed. Medicare is now my primary insurance carrier, and my old insurance is secondary.

I go once a month for a ketamine infusion booster. The cash price for a treatment is $500. I was paying $150 and my husband's insurance paid the rest. We could barely afford that, but the treatment has been very successful.
So, last week I arrived for my booster and handed them my Medicare card. Poor Kaitlyn, she just looked at me sadly and told me they don't take Medicare. I was like, oh that's fine, I still have my old insurance too. She was like, I doubt it but we'll try.

Guess what? Now NO ONE is paying for it. My old insurance won't because they expect Medicare to cover it. There aren't any ketamine clinics in my area (all two of them. &#128580 that take Medicare. The clinic has taken pity on me and said I could do it for $250 instead of $500. It's now paid for out of my disability checks, so I can afford it. I only get $1150 a month, though, and I'm pretty sure none of my providers take Medicare, soooooo now all of my disability is going for medical bills. I'm actually worse off than I was before. I could change a few of them to another doctor or therapist, but I have a TEAM of them and I've been seeing most of them for over a decade. How do I let go of that?

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote