Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 29, 2020 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneG View Post
I believe that more patients have seen the light that shines through the wooded forest of how our minds work and behave in response to unwanted or even unconsented stimulus to things like 'voices' & group gaslighting.

By way of definition, modern Psychiatry is clearly a failing quasi-judicial medical cult.

There is no messianic wonder drug, or chemical imbalance this is evidence of brainwashing within the profession, I think we as sufferers could and maybe should form our own treatment network.
Yeah I sometimes believe in all of this. Other times I don't believe it.

I know there's no messianic wonder drug. That's the thing. But then people like psychiatrists and even my therapist convince me that I need the meds and that it's irresponsible to my health to go off the meds. Like it's their responsibility!

I just think it's unbelievable that others have to take responsibility for others' health in this society. I wonder why sometimes. Why ought we trust doctors with our own personal health? I honestly do not know.

I know doctors can do wonders for some people but sometimes I wonder if it's all a bunch of hogwash. I just don't know how they're so good at convincing me that I need the meds! Almost as if it's their job to convince people. But if I opt out, then am I a member of some underground cult or something like that? I don't understand. It just goes past my understanding that I need some sort of drug to correct something in my brain. It's just so far-fetched, you know. Ugh.

I just wish there was a remotely sensible way of treating these "illnesses".

I feel like I'm locked into the psychiatric grid, so to speak.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote