Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Sep 30, 2020 at 03:42 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Need to decompress

C. Let's hear it. What's on your mind?

M. Had to get up again at 430am again and didn't get much sleep again for something like 3 nights in a row

C. I'm sorry to hear that

M. It's definitely frustrating and I feel like **** mentally, physically and emotionally.

C. Go on

M. I wasn't prepared for a session this morning. Completely forgot the assignment. Plus, because the meeting was at 5am and because I slept maybe a couple of hours for 3 nights in a row I wasn't at my best.

C. Sorry to hear that. Tell me more

M. I'm feeling tired and down today although I did manage to send out a number of emails and a promo item.

C. That's good. Listen, overall, you did a very good job. It happens to the best of us. Don't forget the great progress you made with ST executives. You did have a very good meeting with D, JD and company, right?

M. Yes, that's true

C. Also, you got a very complimentary message from their new executive, right?

M. That's also true

C. And you even got a nice compliment from M, right?

M. That's true

C. Maybe send her an email?

M. That's what I'm thinking

C. What else?

M. I signed up for CBT for insomnia coaching program. I've tried everything and think this can help me.

C. This sounds like a good idea

M. Yeah, I'm tired. I've had to get up at 4am 4 days in the last two weeks. Fortunately, today was the last day, but I'm beat. I've slept terribly the last two weeks.

C. What else do you have on your plate today?

M. I was to have a meeting with a client today, but he had to reschedule, which is probably a good thing given how tired I am.

C. Go on

M. Well I can probably get by with doing no work the rest of the day. I have a call this afternoon but nothing else beyond that.

C. Hey, give yourself a break. You've been up since 3am this morning with maybe 2 hours sleep for two nights in a row. Also, I understand how given that you had to get up so ridiculously early that your brain was afraid of over sleeping. This does not make you ”inferior.” This makes you human.

M. Thanks

C. You planned out the rest of the week, right?

M. I updated my plan this morning.

C. My advice is that you follow the advice from your sleep coach and not rest today to build up your sleep pressure. Specifically, don't lay on the couch watching TV. Run some errands. Walk to the grocery and the drug store. Get outdoors. Maybe sketch out the SPM stuff as well as prepping for the E/T meeting as well as prepping for the W/B. You can also listen to the CV audiobook. Also, drink lots of water and eat healthy. How does that sound?

M. That sounds like good advice. I need to change it up. They say insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

C. Go on

M. I ”never” walk to the grocery or drug stores that are a few blocks away. One of the tips from the sleep coach is to try to force yourself to do stuff that you would do if you slept well. If you lie around, your brain registers that you rested so you're less sleepy.

C. Makes sense

M. There's another item I want to discuss. Will do it on a separate thread.

C. Sounds good. Did this help?

M. Yes, it did. I needed to vent. I needed to get this stuff off my chest.

C. Great. Talk later.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote