View Single Post
Guinevere69

Member Since Sep 2020
4 hugs
given
Unhappy Oct 01, 2020 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
Do you think you might have some kind of attachment disorder? Or untreated postpartum depression? Not all mothers who didn’t feel a bond had that, but it can make things worse. You don’t say how you felt after they were born.
I’m only trying to think about things that would prevent you feeling a strong bond with your children. Ignore me if I’m way off base, and I’m not trying to cause any offence. My own bio mother apparently didn’t bond with me, either, and it did have a detrimental effect on me.
I’m not sure what to tell you in terms of advice, however. I don’t feel that maternal instinct myself, so maybe I’d be similar as a mother, not really wanting to be there. I don’t even like the thought of babysitting another person’s children. I don’t have children, so it’s easier for me to say these things. I do sympathise, but on the other hand, I think about what effect leaving your children with someone else as you’re suggesting would have on them. It sounds very tough for everyone.
I would, at the very least, have some counselling to explore why you feel like a poor mother, and if anything can be done to try and address that. Do that before making any huge, life long decisions!
Attachment disorder could be possible I have codependent tendencies attaching to adults. After I had him I was seen for postpartum depression on top of my severe depression and anxiety already but I dont think it really helped, I could never actually leave him I'm worried what effect a co-state/co-parenting plan may have on him considering school...

P.S. No offense taken I greatly appreciated your reply that's why I post I like to know the opinion of others, if there are other people who feel like me or have similar experiences, thoughts, or issues and I am beginning regular therapy again now. I know I have a lot of mental problems and I'm not ashamed or afraid to admit (not face to face though) and that is probably part of the reason I'm worried about being a bad mom because I'm so messed up in my head I dont want my kids to be the same or not be able to take care of them because I cant take care of myself or them see me have an episode or grow up having to apologize for having a crazy mom. I want my boys to grow up safe and loved and I guess I'm worried I cant give them that.
Guinevere69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3