View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2020 at 09:37 AM

Done the whole deal. Lost everything. Here are some Eternal Truths. The sole purpose of addiction, evolutionarily, is to firm up the gene pool. To kill your body. It is efficient. Thankfully, your creator gave humans a say, a will. You have the option of a spiritual awakening, neurochemically resolving your limbic and pineal gland shortcoming. This is your decision to make. We will love you and help you, if you choose life. As will God. Put it in the bank. Many have walked this path before.

You have free will. Do you choose to live and love and help others and experience joy, or do you want to end up in a 37-degree creek, upside-down , in your car, like a 17 year-old kid I failed to save because it was too hard to keep his subclavian vein open. No blood pressure. Cold. Did my very best. I had talent. I cared deeply. He died. His shirt had a picture of a brain and the words, This Is Your Brain On Drugs, with the beer center and the bikini center or something. A child. Choices. Free will.

We kept that shirt in the trauma call room. Not because it was humorous. Because it reminded us of the gravity of the work God had charged us with doing.

Life is difficult. Make your decision and go do it.

Hugs and love#!!

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, fern46, Tryingtobehappy5

Thanks for this!
fern46, Moose72