Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 02, 2020 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
WFS and Artie, that's what I did too with Esther. I went ahead and paid for X-Rays which were expensive but not ridiculously so but drew the line at an MRI which my vet doesn't even have. He said I would have to go to a specialty vet. Yeah, no thanks. I just keep Esther comfortable, give her the insulin and pray for the best. I can tell some days she doesn't feel as well because she hides under a little table but other times she comes out into the living room and lays down just like normal times. Just keeping a watch on her. She's 16. I think I am ready to let her go whenever she needs to go but always part of me won't be ready because she's my baby.

Hugs, Kit. My vet doesn't have the MRI either, I'd have to go to a specialty place as well. We looked back on some old documents and have determined that my Rascal is 14. A couple days ago he successfully jumped up on the bed, which he had not done in a while ever since he tried a couple of times and fell back to the floor, so that was good to see. He has not done it since though. He mostly sleeps in the closet these days so I put a pile of my shirts in there that I don't wear anymore anyway, and he sleeps on those. From time to time during the day he comes out and sleeps on the couch or the ottoman, he can still jump up on those. He eats pretty well still (since we stopped trying to force him to eat the prescription food which he did not like) and I continue to give him his insulin twice a day. I guess we'll know when it's time to let him go if he starts falling down again, stops eating and doesn't spend any time out with us in the livingroom, and just stays in the closet all the time.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2