View Single Post
Michael2Wolves
Account Suspended

Member Since Jan 2018
247 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2020 at 09:28 PM

So, I have a few questions regarding social anxiety that have come about as a result of reading through some of the posts on this thread.

The DSM-5 says that if social anxiety can be tied to a physical or medical cause (such as disfigurement, etc), it's not SA. I'm wondering what the opinion would be when you can tie it to specific events, instead, or something much more concrete, like, say a rap sheet following you around that prevents you from engaging in a normal life, whatever that is?

I can give a lot of concrete examples of when I would have the symptoms of SA during high school, or asking women out on dates, or even dancing--the idea of being seen doing anything that could be made fun of in any way was anxiety inducing to an extreme degree. Often, I was hyperaware all day every day in school, and eventually started skipping.

As I grow older and more bitter and isolated, that feeling of crushing loneliness only ever increases. Yes, I made quite the mess of my life when I was younger, legally-speaking, and now, I'm pretty sure that I've lived past my expiration date. I have no friends irl, and I don't ever seem to connect with people because I don't feel comfortable around others, and don't trust them knowing who I really am or with any of my secrets, so to speak, so even in a crowd, I still wear masks and isolate. My speech is not their speech. My conversations always revolve around weird shtako because I am obsessive (especially with theoretical physics--wikipedia is like crack for me. lol) and probably in some form of untreated psychosis or mental whatever. I am neurotic to an intolerable level--even I get tired of dealing with me. lol

Even if I were to get over the anxiety I experience around others and meeting new people (asking women out is over with for me; I don't ever bother anymore because it's just the same cycle over and over again where the rule is, Everybody Leaves Eventually), there's no one around I'm interested in talking to anymore, and sometimes I think I've crossed a point of no return with isolating as much as I do because I no longer know how to relate to people. I've tried hanging out with others who call me friend, but they play M:TG, and I'm bored out of my skull. I don't say anything when I'm there because there's nothing in their conversation I am interested in. And worst of all, I get more anxiety, and my anger is stirred, because it feels like I am being mocked because I have to see everyone else walking around married or dating, and that is something I will never have. I can feel my anxiety stirring even typing this. (Yes, I'm aware this is borderline behavior. Painfully aware.)

The other question is, what other considerations are there for DXing SA? I mean, I do okay in social situations, but the whole time, I'm counting down the minutes until I can return to my room at home and isolate. is that Anti-Social behavior? I want to be social, but I can't seem to find anyone that I really connect with anymore because everyone else my age has kids, has a career, house payments, a wife...all shtako I will never have. What happens if it is left untreated? I can't afford therapy, and medication is a no-no. I literally just quit smoking pot again three days ago.

TIA
Michael2Wolves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote