Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 05, 2020 at 11:52 AM

This Friday I watched as painters left my condo. Ending a 9 year effort to get our new siding. It took, in the final years, a tremendous effort by my partner as board president to drag this thing through.
Praise her for her determination. Praise to myself, too, for sticking it through. True, about 5 times over the course I wanted to just walk away. But to where? I live here. This is my home.

And that distinction is part of a larger challenge in the "condo market." First, for those of us who are not flipping or renting, we don't live in a 'market.' This is IT, home, hearth, and haven. I want to live among beauty, not a value appreciation for resale.

This took all of the political will I could spare. It drew me away from additional challenges within the condo and my larger life. I've had to suffer ignorant but assertive and skeptical people. Others who overstacked the plans and then recoiled in sticker shock. Some stood in the way and did all they could to block. Who, when directly asked to be civil and apply some manners, dodged (that is refused). Who had to be out smarted to get off the board. Others froze with the price of it all and just marked time.

Experiences like this have an indelible quality which surpasses "lessons learned."

I'm awarded the Condo Medal of Service for this long haul.

This is an Obit, too, and that's to signify I'm letting it go. It's over. We reach the shore. Time to deal with the final papers (filing and shredding) and distribute the siding samples to anyone with interest.

My "inheritance" from this may be a chance to share our journey with other condos.

So be it.
And so it is.

####

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote