View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Oct 06, 2020 at 08:19 PM

I'm having a really depressing day. My book got published. That's great, right? No. The cover is boring, really bad. No one's going to want to buy it. I do have an answer to the cover problem. In a month, I'll design another cover, and issue a second edition. A friend designed the cover for free. So I feel like a heel for not liking the cover. And I'm not a professional designer.
I'm trying to publish an e-book edition, but so far it's not working.
My husband just bought a pig. He pays for the cost (we pay for the cost.) of the feed, then the pig is slaughtered and we get the meat. All 200 pounds of it. We pay to rent a freezer, and we keep paying for it until the meat is all eaten. There are two of us , and I don't eat much pork. Do you see a problem with this scheme?????? Tom has had heart problems and shouldn't eat pork, although this pork is probably healthier than what you get in the store.
Meanwhile, I read the prequel to the book I just published, and I hated it. The good part is that the writing has improved. But the prequel was already published, so there are people who read it and probably won't want to read anything else i've written. I'm working on upgrading the prequel, and it's going well, but, the hard part is that when I published it, I really thought it was good.
Then there's COVID and the fecal sample who calls itself a president.
Then there's the hacker who just said that my passwords have been compromised and I should check them. I almost fell for it.
I had to log in with a password into psych central and into Nanowrimo. I usually don't have to so that leaves me wondering if someone has my passwords or is trying to get my passwords.
I'll try to be happier next time.

P.S. kissing Jane Fonda, heavy drug use, freeing wives from slave traders, and sky diving are overrated.

Would you like some free pork?????
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote