Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 08, 2020 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Hm, that's a good point. And I think it's what T was sort of getting at. So in other words, I could look at it as more of a sign of caring/support that he's willing to do that?
Nothing has been normal for the last 6 months. As a teacher, I am absolutely certain I have handled things in ways I would have never done otherwise, simply because the abnormality of the situation warranted a certain flexibility - a lot of flexibility actually. I wasn't thrilled about it - I moaned and groaned about it, but it was the right thing to do at the time and did what needed to be done. However, trust me, pulling in those boundaries and getting back to a more routine and honestly a more effective way of teaching is vital and inevitably has to happen at some point.

Your therapist made adjustments for an unusual circumstance. He did that because he knew it was the right and ethical thing to do under those unusual circumstances. But he also knows he cannot continue in the same fashion forever without actually causing harm - to you and to himself.

You've never liked change and have tended to take it personally as some kind of affront or betrayal, but this doesn't sound like that. This is a therapist working back toward some normalcy. Perhaps this is an opportunity to work on adjusting to change.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks