View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 08, 2020 at 03:28 PM

Just read this DB story. First sentence: My wife want a dog.

Eventually, you can guess, she'll wear him down and they'll get a dog. At the pet shop the breed of dog the wife wants run "295 per, with papers." The narrator wanted to joke and ask if they had any illegitimate children for less, but could see the joke wouldn't land.
Anyway, this thing with the pig reminds me of the punchline of the story: they will wear you down. I'm puzzled how to stop an idea that really doesn't 'pencil out' as the developers say, but the Other really keeps pecking at you to agree to.

Example at the condo. While on the board, one of the board members wanted to carve into our lobby a box to leave outgoing mail in. Some story about the convenience. I think the cost of the carpentry and patching ran to $800. I really felt we'd be better off keeping reserve cash in, er, the reserves, but what could I say?

So, We put it it. It's been broken into several times, now the lock is missing, and I keep it from flapping about with masking tape. Oh, she's moved out to live with her daughter, so I am left to deal with something that wasn't even my idea.
Back to the pig. I see you're at peace/piece with this. I'm just riffing to keep my mental acute.

At this stage, the best place to stop the cash burn is limiting the freezer rental, I guess. The fastest way to do that is to sell off what you won't eat yourselves as fast as possible. My father was great at tapping the informal markets for stuff. I remember runs to get tamales and sausage. I say informal, as these transactions where handled at the screen door, so I doubt think sellers has so much as a food workers license.

Much to chew on as you chew the fat of the bacon.
##

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote