View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 08, 2020 at 06:45 PM

OK, have a phone consult with a possible new T tomorrow then may have an intake appointment with another one Wednesday. He seems particularly promising, because I asked him a bunch of questions, and he basically passed all the tests. Including saying that transference is a natural thing to experience and talk about it, followed by a smiley. I was concerned that he was particularly religious from some stuff on his website, but he said he really isn't and talked more about that. And he tends to focus on trauma, so I asked about capital-T vs. lowercase-T trauma, and he gave a good answer to that as well. So...he also knows I'm knowledgeable about therapy and isn't like "run away!" Dr. T seemed threatened at times about how knowledgeable I am about therapy, saying how it seems like I know more than he does about certain things (which...yeah, I really think I do...).

So, will give him a try. Less sure about the T I'm having a brief consult with tomorrow, after looking at her website more. But the other female T who got back to me, thinking I'll do intake with her too. I asked if she'd be willing to do brief phone consult or answer some questions over email first, so waiting to hear back about that. I think I just need to try meeting and seeing what I feel like with them.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, ElectricManatee, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2