View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 10, 2020 at 04:34 PM

I can relate. I wanted to reply, but was hesitant. I'm not very proud of myself for my experiences being the way it's been (or is now).

I hate to admit it, but I am at least slightly older than you are and a male. I haven't had much of intimacy myself. I did have some when I was much younger but not a whole lot. It was a wonder to me how it ever happened and it's a wonder why it's been so hard since I got older.

I didn't grow up in a great environment myself. Though for a long time, up until now, I thought that I had great parents. They were "pillars" from other people and they had provided for me very well materially. They were not physically abusive with me that much except for discipline. But they were very discouraging to me. For some strange reason, whenever a girl had interest in me and I felt the same way, my parents felt threatened. They would tell me that a girl was bad for me. That happened a lot. My parents were never encouraging to me about having a woman in my life.

I've reached the point now that getting a woman in my life doesn't matter much to me. I still feel bad that I don't have one, but far from feeling devastated. Recently a woman asked me out for a small date but I wasn't too crazy about her.

Lots of times with couples I've known in the past, they had shown some PDA when they'd be out and about. A year or so later, they hated each other. Maybe, don't get so taken in by what you see with PDA because most likely they'll come to a bitter ending.

I don't have any suggestion for you, obviously, since I'm in the same position. What is "partner therapy" exactly? I had some counseling, but it was never helpful.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy