View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 11, 2020 at 03:45 AM

Writing is terrific as it's all about the writer. The agony and the tedium, gnashing and tweaking, marketing & rewrites. Somewhere there pops in enough moments of sheer joy it pays back for the rest.

So, with my work with my client's effort to get this property transfer at a stage that I don't have much to do with, I'm feeling some energies returning to do other stuff.

Part of me has taken the Serious Road for much of my life and used the Fun Road for vacations. Serious Roadtrips stuff now:

#1. Reading most of Dee Hock's blog and then summoning the heart to get in touch with him and have a couple of chats. He's 90 and talks up the stuff I also think a lot about. Rather Urgent. Oh, I also want to copy this site into a couple of archives.

#2. Reading Thomas Paine's works. Not Urgent.

#3. Watching all of Fred Allen's Meeting of Minds shows. Serious and also Fun. Already watched the first 2: Cleopatra, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Aquinas, & Thomas Paine!

Fun/Serious Stuff.

#1. I have an idea that a game can be made of group discussion and decision making.

#2. Take the gamification course on Coursera to get some insights.

#3. Find places to pilot it.

#4. When it feels pitch-able, find support.

#5. I wonder if there might be grants for this? Hm.

#6. It would be fun to recruit a Muse for this. I wonder if Jane Fonda is available. Afterall, she kicked off the aerobics craze, so knows something about infusing fun with serious.

R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote