View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,164 hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2020 at 12:45 PM

Over the years I had been on other discussion sites (not having to do with mental illness) that were thriving and then they went out of business. It happened that way mostly because there had been lots of arguing and divisions. It hasn't been that bad on here, but it seems like it's heading in that direction.

Not only have I noticed that the participation is going down, but for me personally I don't feel like I get great encouragement and understanding like it used to be. Lately there had been times when I felt very sorry that I posted on here. With the way it's been going on here I'm thinking of withdrawing after many years being at this site.

There had been some postings on here that seem to lead to arguing and putting down. Maybe it wasn't meant to be like that, but it is. We have to bear in mind that we're dealing with mental illness on here and there are times that just giving suggestions and advice doesn't work. And we have to be more sensitive to others. With me I try to be understanding and sympathetic to others who are struggling. I hope I would help.

I know that maybe I have raised some eyebrows and it's not very comfortable for me to post this. I'm just telling it like the way I see it on here. Maybe that's why people have left.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
annoyedgrunt84, Anonymous49105, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, Travelinglady, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84, sarahsweets, T4bbyCat