Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Oct 12, 2020 at 01:17 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. Lots on my mind. Need to vent.

C. Go for it. Just get it out stream of consciousness

M. I知 so f段ng angry

C. Why?

M. I知 pissed that f段ng M2 has still not completed the project. He's well over a month late. I have no idea what's holding this up or what it will cost. Absolute ********.

C. Go on

M. Really pisses me off. I'm concerned he's over complicated what I asked for.

C. What else?

M. I spent the entire weekend completely redoing the A/X project. I thought I had saved my work, so it was a huge disappointment that I after spending something like 5 hours on the project on Friday had to completely redo it on Saturday. And then I ended up redoing it on Sunday.

C. Can I give you another perspective?

M. Sure

C. It's certainly a huge drag to after having spend so much time creating a document to go back and find you didn't save the work.

M. Yeah. On top of being super pissed that I basically had to start from scratch, I felt like a complete idiot for having not saved the work. So disappointing.

C. But there is a silver lining.

M. I ended up spending three days on this which means I didn't get to other stuff.

C. Got it, but, the end result is better than what you did on Friday.

M. Go on

C. If you had saved the work, you would have not ended up making the changes you did.

M. Okay

C. Let me ask you a question. How much better is the end product you created on Sunday versus the end product you created on Sunday?

M. Significantly better. I have a few more changes to make, but, yes, the end product from Sunday is substantially better.

C. This is a critical project because it's going to represent how you represent and market PM, right?

M. True

C. So think of it this way. You spent 15 hours or 3 full days creating your most important marketing solution.

M. Yeah, but I was spent because it required so much attention to detail, was so emotional, and was superbtedious. My mind was fried each day after working on this project each day. I was emotionally and mentally fried when I was done each day.

C. Got it

M. And it's not like I can take a day off. I still have more work to do, so feel overwhelmed. In a way I feel like I lost three full days of productivity so didn't make any progress on other projects. Just feel like stuff piles up and that it's never ending.

C. You actually made great progress last week and completed a lot of important projects, right?

M. That's true

C. You're whittling down your list.

M. That's true

M. My advice is that you take the items on your task and projects list and distribute them over the week. You didn't have to get everything done TODAY.

C. Good point. I do feel like I need to get everything done today. I'll do this exercise after our call.

M. Okay what else?

C. The A/X project is nerve racking because I have so much riding on it.

M. Completely understandable

C. Go on

M. I'm frankly scared that it won't go well

C. Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad you got it out of your system. Let me ask you a few questions.

M. Okay

C. My understanding is that you felt very good about your description of each component of PM as you were working on the A/X project, right?

M. That's true

C. If I'm not mistaken, you defined FIFTEEN very powers reasons for why PM is great, right?

M. Hmm

C. And you had a great d___ with Jay, right?

M. That's true

C. Here's my advice. Do the task scheduling and then spend 10 minutes updating A/X and we値l go from there, okay?

M. Sounds good

C. Was this helpful?

M. Definitely. I needed to vent so was this was very helpful

C. Excellent. Glad to hear this. Talk later.

M. Thanks again

C. You got it
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote