View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 13, 2020 at 03:26 AM

Guys it was a disaster. I was going to be a whole foods shopper for amazon. When I showed up at the new hire training no one in whole foods knew where I had to go. I managed to wander to this area and there was a girl that seemed in charge and 4 other people at tables with phones out. The recruitment team sent me an email and said you have to get your badge and punch in. The in charge girl told me not yet. She handed me a phone and told me to set up an amazon email address which I had done at home per the recruitment team.

She said No make another. So I am using an iphone that is specialized for amazon. I had to use my phone for certain things because the amazon phone was modified. I was having technical issues and the girl and another woman didnt know how to help. I was told to wait for the Assistant manager. I waited. The women left and I waited. I turned around and the other people were gone! I didnt know where they went and no one could tell me. 2 hours late the Assis manager showed up. She asked me where everyone was. She said we were supposed to do this online training. I said I didnt punch in and told her the issues. She pointed to a picture with an email and said he was the manager but managers are not onsite so I had to email him.

I did and got no response. She sent me home and told me to call employee services and set up another new hire date. I called all the numbers for amazon and was on hold for hours and transferred all over the place only to get another person who had to guess who I needed to speak to. I was told to email other people. My manager got back to me 3 days late and told me to call the same places? The I had to email my recruiter. My recruiter got bcak to me 4 days later and told me I had to call the same numbers and talk to the manager. A week later I got a termination notice.

Well I flipped. I was supposed to be paid for the 5 hours of online training at home and the 2.5 hours I waited at the store. Of course there was no record of punching in. Luckily I have all these emails and dates and times I called to verify and back up my story. I called and waited on hold for 45 minutes and told them I didnt want to work for them, I want to be paid and I will never accept accept a termination. I asked for it to be escalated and started to get somewhere. I have to wait 7-10 days while its investigated but she said she would email me with updates and assured me I would be paid.

She said to me "Sarah I checked and you are eligible for rehire we removed your termination and I calmly but firmly said I didnt want to work for them ever in my life again.

The whole thing sucked and now I wait to be paid.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, GirlWithHope, lightly toasted, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
hvert, lightly toasted, WovenGalaxy