View Single Post
Tygerlily89

Member Since Oct 2020
Default Oct 13, 2020 at 09:31 AM

Thank you for your post. I can definitely relate to finding solace and comfort in food. I come from a broken home. I remember as a child, my parents would be yelling and screaming at one another and I would be in the kitchen snarfing down snacks.

I was always sneaking food. I was so in love with the way it made me feel. I would take my finger and stick it right in the butter and lick them clean. My parents called me " the butter snitch".

I remember one time my mother made scrambled eggs for my dad for breakfast one morning. I kept picking at them until there was barely any left. Dad went to work hungry that day while my greedy belly was full.

These habits have carried over into my adult life. I developed an addiction to drugs. For a short while drugs replaced my "need to feed". But now that I'm sober it is back with a vengeance. Bigger and badder and hungrier than before. Food was my first addiction. Ive been an addict my whole life. Just trading one addiction for another. I'm so ready to be free of this burden. I want to heal.
Tygerlily89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
plantbased