View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 13, 2020 at 11:06 AM

I've been cheated on several times in past relationships.

In the last relationship before my husband that was important to me, my partner started chatting and flirting with another woman outside our relationship. I caught him and it was over. I was completely devastated for a very long time after that. I worried I had pushed him away and into the arms of another woman - so to speak.

Well, my husband has broken my trust in a couple different ways, and I am having a really hard time trusting him. The biggest issue and fear I face is that he lie and will cheat on me, like the others did.

There's nothing he's done that points to this possibility, however.

But because he's broken a couple promises and because he hasn't been fully truthful with me on a few occasions,, I fear the worst, and all my trust goes out the window.

In the last relationship, my partner told me repeatedly that he would NEVER cheat - then he did (pretty much, in my mind at least - to me, it was emotional cheating).

And, just like him, my husband PROMISES he would NEVER ever ever cheat on me.

But the way I think is: if my husband can break promises AND lie to me, what other promises will he break and what else will he lie to me about?

How do I get over my trust issues and extreme insecurity? I'm already in therapy.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Innerzone, Julielynn1990