jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2020 at 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rise13eyond View Post
I'm a cat person, I love dogs too, I just love cats more. No one will ever love cats as much as I do. I don't really get the conflict. You can have an opinion but just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else can. Cats and dogs are both wonderful pets that bring much happiness and love why would you want to ruin that for someone else?
i totally agree! pets can be therapeutic and have a profound impact on a person's life and health!!!

earlier this year, my sibling and their spouse got a dog (inside pet, and have no kids yet). it didn't take long for me to 'realize' what was going on. my parents and all three siblings have dogs (granted two also have cats). so it had now become 'acceptable' to talk about the dog as their "child or kid" (new family member...) and post/text photos & stories -> which garnered an almost immediate response message from the rest/others!

yet at the same time, i could do one about my cats or even the kittens at my parents' farm, and there's not a single response! and it pissed me off and i was like wth.....

SO ......... then i thought maybe it's just a 'dog-person' thing. or maybe not - idk
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote