Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2020 at 06:18 AM

This is what he’s lied about:

He lied once about a woman hitting on him. Or he omitted an important element of the story that clearly indicated she was hitting on him, which he initially tried to deny.

He lied about not cheating on his ex wife when they were living in separate bedrooms for two years. He made out with another woman during this period of time, yet had told me REPEATEDLY that he never cheated. He later claimed that he had forgotten all about this kiss and didn’t consider it cheating even though he also almost slept with this woman.

He also took my credit card and used it without asking me if he could. I found out through an email notification that he used it. He had permission from me to use it just once, then he used it again the very next day without asking me if it was OK to use it a second time.

Then he's broken a promise that he made before we got married, telling me that he would never ever yell at me again, and he has yelled at me - many many times. So he broke that promise.

So, I have a hard time trusting him, but he gets angry every single time I question him on anything.

Like this past weekend, he blew up at me over questions I had of him asking mainly about his level of fidelity. He got really frustrated with me and blew up in anger... it reminded me of his past rages. He yelled, do I have to deal with this for the next 50 years?!?

I later told him that he needs to earn my trust - that he's broken my trust in a few ways, and that he has to now deal with it and earn it back.

I also told him point blank: when we first met, you told me what a wonderful, loving, caring and sweet person you are, and you promised you would NEVER ever hurt me, then you abused me for the first year and a half of our marriage!!

So the trust issues on my end are due to partly me and partly him.

For me, a lot of it is in my head, imagining the worst.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Oct 14, 2020 at 06:58 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote