View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2020 at 07:55 AM

Anyone not like the holidays as much as they used to? For the most part, it is all four holidays but Thanksgiving and Christmas are my least favorite due to forced family interactions and people just generally get stressed out more. For Halloween and New Years, everyone kind of does their own thing so I'm okay, but for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it seems like a lot of families force their interactions with others while secretly wishing they were not with anyone or didn't have company. Not just my family, but even other people's families. I'll hear people mention how they are traveling to someone else's house or having people over at their house and they will sound really annoyed by it and some will even admit that they really don't want to.

I know one of my friend's parents get stressed anytime they are having people over. My friend has told me that her parents have even gotten into arguments about what they need to do to prepare for company. And I've seen her mother get very mad when the day starts to get closer to whenever they are expecting others to arrive. Same for my coworkers and even my own parents. They will state what the plans are in a very annoyed tone and some of them will even admit to wishing their company will leave as soon as they arrive. I will admit, I'm that way too.

I don't like a house full of people but since I'm with my parents, I have to just deal with it. But when company is at the house, I will admit that I secretly wish they would just leave even after just a day of them being there. My parents have admitted that as well to each other. Same for decorating for the holidays, people get so stressed out and mad when it comes to decorating even though it is not necessary. I've seen people, not just my family, get into full blown arguments and screaming matches over decorating. I don't understand that because it is not necessary. When I move out, I will not decorate at all. People just seem to stress themselves out over stuff that isn't necessary.

It could be having company over when they could have easily not invited anyone or when it comes to decorating. Even buying gifts can be forced. I've heard people mention who they have to get gifts for and they will admit that they really don't want to but they have to. It is all forced and that's why I not longer like the holidays anymore like I did as a kid. For Halloween, it is not so bad, people just do their own thing, and even New Years is not too bad either. Even Easter is more relaxed as well. Thanksgiving and Christmas has become my least favorite times of the year. I don't understand why people feel the need to force interactions with family members if they really don't want to be bothered or can't handle it due to the stress. They put themselves through stress when it's not necessary. Anyone else dislike the holidays and the forced interactions as well? Just wondered what your thoughts were.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto