View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2020 at 05:06 PM

Hi BethRags. Obviously you won't know until your pdoc gets to the bottom of it, but my guess would be that perhaps the Lamictal is the culprit. I remember reading somewhere (and maybe even being told) that 400 mg and above of Lamictal is usually only prescribed for people with epilepsy/seizures. I did know that there is a Lamictal level blood test, but was told that it is usually only given to people with epilepsy/seizures because of the higher doses prescribed to them.

I did google "Lamictal shaking" and there was a result showing that as a possible side effect. I believe I have also heard of someone (only maybe one person over the years) mentioning such a side effect for Lamictal. I wouldn't think that that would be a no-go for Lamictal. Perhaps just a little time to adjust? Or a dose decrease?

I've never taken doses of perphanazine as high as 16 or 20 mg. The most I ever took, in the past, was 12 mg, but did take it with a large dose of Geodon and a few moodstabilizers (Lithium, Tegretol XR, and small dose Lamictal). I didn't experience any shaking on that cocktail, but we are all different.

I hope you get to the bottom of this issue soon. It does sound very uncomfortable.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bpcyclist