catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2020 at 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Hi BethRags. Obviously you won't know until your pdoc gets to the bottom of it, but my guess would be that perhaps the Lamictal is the culprit. I remember reading somewhere (and maybe even being told) that 400 mg and above of Lamictal is usually only prescribed for people with epilepsy/seizures. I did know that there is a Lamictal level blood test, but was told that it is usually only given to people with epilepsy/seizures because of the higher doses prescribed to them.

I did google "Lamictal shaking" and there was a result showing that as a possible side effect. I believe I have also heard of someone (only maybe one person over the years) mentioning such a side effect for Lamictal. I wouldn't think that that would be a no-go for Lamictal. Perhaps just a little time to adjust? Or a dose decrease?

I've never taken doses of perphanazine as high as 16 or 20 mg. The most I ever took, in the past, was 12 mg, but did take it with a large dose of Geodon and a few moodstabilizers (Lithium, Tegretol XR, and small dose Lamictal). I didn't experience any shaking on that cocktail, but we are all different.

I hope you get to the bottom of this issue soon. It does sound very uncomfortable.

Soupe, thank you so much for your input and information. I, too, suspect that Lamictal is the culprit. Possible, too, that adding in the high dose of perphenazine has an interaction with the Lamictal, too. I have the feeling a decrease in Lamictal is in order.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist