View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2020 at 07:05 PM

Totally understand the not knowing part of what do I want to do for a job/career. Will my mental illness get in the way? How will I cope with the stress? Is school/Graduate/Undergraduate the best option due to how much it costs? What will people tell me if I take out a loan? WIll that affect future relationships? Will I be able to respect myself if I do or don't go for what I want? Do I know what I want?

All of these questions are floating in my head. I have an associates, bachelors and am hoping to complete my masters. What I do know is sometimes... (even every day, moment what ever time frame) I doubt my choices thinking that it is too much work, too hard, or too stressful. But what if you do nothing, will your life improve.????

Yes there will be stress, and struggles, and joy along the way, is the choice worth the time, energy and dedication to provide a good outcome??? Asking the right question helps, but there are MANY questions and many answers.

Keep in mind, the indecision is keeping you right where you are,, DO you want that???

Change is scarry, hard, and takes effort. The change will affect the life of the person making the change. Keeping in mind the end goal helps, and creating a plan of attack helps too. When humans do not know what they want to do, they remain stuck.

IN 2018 I applied for Graudate school, I have been taking classes for most of the time since. Along the way there was struggles, and I doubted my choice thinking "Can I do this, is this degree what I want, Is it what's best for me? Can I manage my "illness" my life the way I need to to survive???" I spend all this year thinking that I was unsure, or indecisive. All it did was bring me to this point, a place where I know what I want, but I am afraid of my "mental illness" getting in the way because I have developed differently then the Normies. Then I think of all the good that my education can and will bring, and that moves me forward. Then I get scared and say this change is too much effort. After I go back and forth, and I'm stuck. Nothing changes because I have stepped in to indesision.

Indecision keeps us on one path, and choice brings us to another view of life that can help us to see and affect change. The change can lead to struggles and JOY. But if you are stuck, then maybe its time to search and make an effort to do something! Or to live in the fear of making a change and being indecisive. Most generally indecision brings unhappiness. And change brings so much more, joy, success, love, health, and some stress.

When we do nothing, we stay on medications, we stay in therapy, we stay on disability, we stay stuck. When we plan and take any action, then things can improve. Letting fear, overwhelmed, and indecision win will bring more disability and increase your needs for more "paid" support. If you work for what you want, and find support who are there for you, no matter what, life changes.

Where do you want to be, stuck or moving forward towards a life that you don't want to leave?
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
hvert, Train of Thought, WovenGalaxy