Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,551 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 16, 2020 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
I am new to living alone. My youngest child moved out at the beginning of July leaving me as an empty nester. I just moved 2 weeks ago and its only my place. No roommates. This is my first apartment that I've lived in all by myself from the start. I too don't have a significant other. I have someone whom I WISH were my husband, but he came to visit 2 weeks ago and I don't like that he smokes - he smokes a lot. We've discussed getting married, but he believes all romantic relationships are doomed to fail. So here I am- alone. I, too, tried online dating back in 2004/2005. I did meet a couple guys that I'm still friends with but none of the people I dated ended up in a relationship with me.
ADDING:

I was divorced after an 8-year marriage. Dated online for a while but that didn't seem to go well. Now I'm not dating anyone and I live alone so yeah. I do like living alone so far- it's easy to keep the smaller place clean, both because it's smaller and because I don't have to pick up after anyone other than myself. Living with the kids, they were messy. So was my ex husband - messy. I guess that means I was messy too, but now I'm neat. I haven't made my bed today but I had to get up quickly and take my youngest's girlfriend to work. It's easy to keep things tidy.

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lightly toasted, spider100, WovenGalaxy