View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,857 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2020 at 07:00 PM

And I also think I'm rejection sensitive.

This young woman and I have been meeting up once a week since the pandemic. We typically just video chat but we've met up a few times too.

She's been acting weird lately. She didn't return my texts (asking when she wanted to meet up) and she hasn't been available lately.

We usually meet on Sundays and she ignored my texts for a week then in Sunday said she felt like she failed as a friend and she had had a difficult week. She said she was available to talk. I told her I wasn't available (I had made plans since I hadn't heard from her) but that I would get back to her when I was able.

I just needed time, honestly, I felt hurt and worried she didn't want to hang out anymore. I also felt disrespected and walked on.

Actually, I felt pretty done with this, I didn't want to talk to her. But after talking to another friend about it, I called her tonight. I left a vm and said I thought we should talk. She texted me back and said she thought a conversation would be good also. She sounded so formal. I felt like I'd done something wrong. She said she didn't have the "capacity" to talk tonight and was busy tmrw, and that we could talk Monday.

She does have ADD. And I want to keep that in mind. But I am realizing I have rejection sensitivity and I think it will really hurt if she does this to me. I've also had a hard few weeks myself. I'm scared of what she will say. She never even apologized for having been "a bad friend."

Before the pandemic, we would see each other maybe a few times a year and kept in touch on facebook. I've only known her a few years. From a knitting group.

She has a hard time being honest with a closer friend of hers. She's complained to me before that she needs space from her other friend. But is afraid to say it. Maybe she feels that way about us, too.

I need to take care of myself. I really have had a very hard few weeks, and I can't handle anymore bad news. She may forget to call me Monday anyway. I may not call her. I would honestly rather let this just fizzle out. Is that ok? I just can't handle this. I need to get stronger first.

Thoughts and advice please.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, hahewe88, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, seesaw, unaluna