View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2020 at 06:37 AM

Its going to sound like I have an easy time of it @MusicLover82 but I didnt. I was overweight my whole life by some, then kids and 60lbs later than 30lbs more. I had my last child when I was 28 and ended up in the hospital for 4 days and they doped me up with seroquel. 20 more lbs. At my heaviest I was 310lbs. I began the process of getting approved for gastric bypass. I wasn't food addicted but I huge portion issues and personally believe I had a sugar tolerance. I was pre-diabetic and had fatty liver disease. The process took 6 months of monthly visits and I had to lose 20lbs before the surgery. I had the roux-n-y and they weren't doing sleeves then. I lost 127lbs but it was a tool. I have a low tolerance for sugar and my digestive tract is completely different now. I crept a bit off and on over the years but thats usually when I wasnt eating junk. I gained about 20 covid lbs. My doctor had wanted me to take a certain dose of geodon and I wasnt compliant putting my family through hell. On top of that I am such a rapid metabolizer that I developed an alcohol addiction. (sober 8 years). I know a lot of people that were not successful with GB because they did not follow the food guidelines and take their vitamins. Some even had revisions. It truly is a tool. I am not trying to say there is no other way for you or even if you need it I am just sharing how it worked for me. The roux-n-y doesnt just reduce the size of your stomach, it changes the way you digest which I think is more helpful than the sleeve. I am not trying to brag. I'd share before and after with you but I dont want to seem like an asshole bragging;

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bpcyclist