View Single Post
KBMK

Member Since Aug 2020
612 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2020 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128J View Post
I am a weirdo and people make fun of the way I act so I try to hide with perfection witch I understandably can not reach nor get remotely close to and compensate with obsessive behavior towards the task at hand. And I appreciate you believing my idea of success is Nobel but allow me to return the favor and say you actively replying is truly kind work and you are being understanding even though I have displayed negative social traits. Thank you once again.
I do not and never have had therapy but I just got my medical insurance and upon my cards arrival plan to get evaluated and given therapy or medication or simply the right direction to follow. I did spend three days in a acute treatment center where I talked to a therapist for about 15 minutes total in my time being there which ultimately made me seek out my flaws in a realistic and understandable way on my own which I don't think that is the right thing to do which is why I have refrained from self-diagnoses. I keep my work separate from the professionals.
These sound like some really challenging, and upsetting experiences. As for being a weirdo, well done for staying weird, and yeah, people make fun, I think usually because they're scared or threatened by things that challenge the social norms that make them feel safe. I know that it's hard to account for that, and not get defensive and take it personally.
What are the negative social traits that you display?...apart from neuroticism? It makes sense that you want to figure out how you're responsible for your suffering, and protect yourself from that, but not everyone will have similar goals or a similar world view to yourself. I know it hurts to have your ideas dismissed, but trying to prove yourself to people who really aren't too interested could (I think is likely to) actually create more of a divide. There are professionals out there (I am sure) who will take the time to understand and accept you, and really help you...whether you find someone like that, or not...hope so
KBMK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
128J, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
128J, RoxanneToto