Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
4,766 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2020 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionButterfly View Post
Everyday I take like 30 minutes to lie on the bed and think about a situation that made me anxious and I analyse the feelings I felt with an objective point of view, then I think how I could react next time I meet those situations. I also breath and I take more time to relax.
I like that approach and am trying to do something similar. One thing I do when analyzing is ask myself if was an adaptive response or an authentic response. An adaptive responses are those that we might do to protect ourselves and are not coming from our authentic self. For example, I might feel angry if given feedback at work. The anger might come from a deeper need to protect my self-worth, which is an adaptive behavior I learned over the years and not authentically me. My goal is to react more in an authentic way. I might thank the person for the feedback, decide if I should address it in any way, and calmly respond if needed.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure this same thing out. Glad to hear it seems to help you.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Deilla, LionButterfly