Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2020 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
David Burns just released a new book, Feeling Great. There are some sections related to extreme anxiety that may be helpful. He would encourage exposure over avoidance.

I found that I really had to take my time with the book, even though I was already familiar with CBT and cognitive distortions, but the methods do seem to work. Like I haven't worked in a while and would get really stressed out/sick at the thought of just looking at job ads, to the point where I couldn't do it. I applied his TEAM-CBT to the problem and can look at the ads. I don't even really understand why it worked as well as it did. He has a podcast where he talks about this stuff, too.
HI, Thanks for the information on this book. I'm making a note about it, I would like to read this book. I've once looked at CBT books for a few hours at the library. Something really clicked in my head, while reading. I literally got rid of an OCD issue. It was so simple & made perfect sense. I need to read about DBT, now. Thanks again for info!
shovelhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla