View Single Post
Anonymous42048

Default Oct 22, 2020 at 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Thanks, MP. Very insightful. What do you think about the possibility of someone with some of these features developing the ability to take the perspective of another. To maybe learn some empathy or something? Is it possible?

It’s possible. I did it. I figured out what set my mind the way it is and why this (trauma) happened. I put up with the fact that I pretty much never had anybody who I could call a real parent. It took me years though. Now I’m working on shaping up my real identity and giving up some of really bad habits I developed, such as manipulation and pathological lying.

However, make no mistake about my situation. It’s my decision. Nobody could help me before I made it. You can’t help these people. If you tried they could see it as you trying to be superior and either hit you back hard or even worse, play along the poor victim to mess with you or benefit from your attitude in some way. It’s that bad. Picture them as naughty children who have no moral or ethical boundaries with drive towards breaking the law. I strongly believe sociopaths and people with severe APD are one of the biggest threats out there.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, ~*glass_owl*~