Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2020 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post

It sounds like he has charisma and is being liked by others. It’s good. But it’s nothing to do with your marriage. Some people are great friends and employees and are great on a dance floor and a bar but not great husbands. He might be very endearing but you had a long list of pretty consistent complaints and grievances about your husband and your marriage in general, which isn’t typical for a new or in fact any marriage. And these aren’t minor complaints that you husband forgets to wash dishes. These are serious complaints. If things were good and satisfying, you’d not have these complaints. You’d be content
It's not so black and white, Divine. He is a great husband in many ways. He has been a terrible husband in other ways. As you can see from my list of positives, that's a lot of positives.

Yes, I've had serious complaints. But this is not a black and white issue. There are gray areas. It's complicated, from my perspective. And my emotions around it are complex.

Your marriage happens to be perfect. You are very lucky. Most marriages I've heard of, or most married couples really have to work at it and have problems. You're lucky that in your marriage, you haven't had many problems between you. That's very rare. But I am 50 and from what I know, most people and marriages have issues.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote