View Single Post
Anonymous42048

Default Oct 22, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
So, faced with prosecution and maybe, oh, a year in prison, say, plus a felony conviction versus agreeing to accept help from legit providers and no legal consequences, what do you imagine the average APDish person might do? Running is not possible in 2020, with cameras everywhere and an e-trail of crumbs from here to Tokyo. Thanks for any guidance. Really appreciate it.

A year in prison sounds cool. It's not so long and APD can perceive it as some kind of new ground. He can meet some douchebags there and make his life even darker when he's out. It may not seem the person will have this attitude at the begininng obviously, because its unknown place (prison) and he got caught after all....but after a while that's what I believe is going to happen. People with APD love the dark side. If it's not fatal (like life in prison) they will take advantage of it. They like to be perceived as bad boys. I broke the rules (by that I mean I did things that were very close to breaking the law) few times. Never been caught though. And unfortunately I liked it. That's how it works.

A year may not be enough for such person to change. If he's been on the APD journey for 10 years he needs at least 5 to heal, unless he really cares about the treatment - but it's very unlikely...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist