Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
It's not so black and white, Divine. He is a great husband in many ways. He has been a terrible husband in other ways. As you can see from my list of positives, that's a lot of positives.

Yes, I've had serious complaints. But this is not a black and white issue. There are gray areas. It's complicated, from my perspective. And my emotions around it are complex.

Your marriage happens to be perfect. You are very lucky. Most marriages I've heard of, or most married couples really have to work at it and have problems. You're lucky that in your marriage, you haven't had many problems between you. That's very rare. But I am 50 and from what I know, most people and marriages have issues.
I don’t think my marriage is perfect but true that it doesn’t have issues. It’s nothing to do with luck. I’ve met all kind of men many of whom weren’t marriage material, I just wouldn’t marry them. It’s not about luck. It’s just who you marry

I think the point isn’t about how other marriages are but if you are content and happy. If you are content and happy then it’s no ones business how your marriage is. But you just don’t sound satisfied and happy. I can ensure you not everyone is that stressed and unhappy in their marriages. I was stressed in my previous marriage too and so was my ex, we are now married to much better matches and we aren’t stressed and unsatisfied.

You only have one life. If you don’t want to get divorced then something has to give. You might have to accept how things are
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins