Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2020 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
You tend to think in black and white terms, Divine. I do not. I have been both happy and unhappy in this marriage. It is not a black and white issue in my mind. There's lots of room for grays, but you don't think in those terms, so perhaps i's harder for you to understand.

I've never said I'm completely happy and satisfied -- there have been some serious issues to contend with.

But I am in NO position to leave him right now. We are going to see a couples therapist to see if we can work things out... or not.

I don't know if I can fully trust him again right now at this juncture. I've stated several times now that everything is uncertain for me.

I also come from the perspective that since he has been willing to make positive changes, that maybe I should give him a chance.

I agree that calling the police is not a good sign. That was MY doing. I did that because i was wasted. I am totally responsible for what went down that night. I cracked. So be it. Pick up and move on.

And the things that make OUR relationship special to ME? I've never experienced so much cuddling in my entire life, nor baby talk. This to me is a rarity. I don't think that happens in every relationship, as you claim. You make it seem like that isn't a special thing.
Baby talk and cuddling is great, I love it too, who doesn’t, but why do you think it’s a rarity. I don’t know what type of men you dated before but that’s what people do in romantic relationships. They cuddle and baby talk or do other love talk. How did other men express their affection to you? I am not saying it’s not wonderful. It is. But I just don’t see how it outweighs all other drama as most men in loving relationship will do all those things too AND there will be no drama.

Again of course give it a try with therapy and of course you should try to improve it. I m not saying you should get divorced. I just feel bad for you dealing with that much stress and now it causes you problems with interviewing for a job. Your marriage should be your safe harbor in this job search process. It shouldn’t be additional stress in your life.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote