View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2020 at 05:19 PM

I was never bulimic or an anorexic but for many years, I didn't enjoy food. I was underweight for all of my childhood and most of my 20's and early 30's. I hated cooking. I had no drive to do it (at first).

I then did some extensive testing and discovered I had a long list of foods my body was sensitive to.. all of which were my daily foods. No wonder.

I also grew up in the generation that margarine was "healthier" than butter.. eggs were not healthy.. healthy fats raised cholesterol levels.. cereals were breakfast staples, grains were an essential part of the food groups.. etc.

So I ate, dealt with daily/morning cramps, bloated, and suffered from brain fog, poor memory and attention, and chronic fatigue. I felt like crap every day. I believe it can lead a percentage of people to develop eating disorders.

I changed my diet and habits, significantly. I now prefer and enjoy wholesome foods cooked at home - by me. I'm healthier than I've ever been, in my mid 40s.

I do believe diet is important! Learn how to eat in a healthy way. What that means to all of us, varies.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
eskielover, RoxanneToto