Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2020 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaleemochizuki View Post
But I'm just interested why she feel like she need to tell me that it's different than her other clients.
Aaaand... that’s the part that doesn’t sit well with me. I know that because of my individual needs T treats me differently than many of his other clients. We have kind of “thrown out the book” on how therapy *should* be done and look at each new interaction or need first by making sure it doesn’t violate either of our own personal boundaries and second does it further my healing. If it furthers my healing and we are both comfortable with it then we do it. I don’t think a lot of his other clients would want to work that collaboratively with him or that freely... they want him to be the doctor, follow the book and fix them. Many things we do that are outside the norm he has said that “with some other clients I have done ........ would you like to try that?” Or something similar. Some things I am guessing are things he hasn’t done with other clients or has not done it to the degree with other clients that he does with me. He would never tell me that this was something special, unique or just for me though.
For me being “special” was always a bad thing... so it would be a huge trigger for me if T said “I don’t do this with clients but I think you are a special circumstance”. Even though it may be true. For example clients may have stumbled upon his family members very public web page in a google dive and then told him (and he would be OK with it). I doubt he has ever told a client about it and then when asked given them permission and the link to it... but for me it has been a huge help in our work together.

But, yeh, saying “this is special just for you” would bother me... a lot.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
susannahsays