View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Oct 24, 2020 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I was just trying to understand what was the point of her joke. Sorry if I offended you.

I think I just misunderstood the story about bird pooping. If she is mean and snarky and makes fun of you and means it (not offended you by accident), I’d say she isn’t your friend. I’d not be friends with her.

I don’t understand friendship like that. We really might have different values about friendships. I am not friends with anyone who is mean and snarky and makes fun of me. I think it’s a social media kind of thing. I don’t understand social media friendships. People are either my friends or they aren’t.

That’s why I originally suggested to block her. But then since you referred to her as someone you know (a friend?) not just random person I tried to give her benefit of the doubt. Sorry. Clearly she isn’t a friend.

Being social media friends with people who really aren’t friends is not my cup of tea. That’s maybe where our misunderstanding on this thread comes from. Again my apologies.
You did discredit and undermine my feelings. Here is what you said:

Quote:
I don’t know this person so I believe that if you say she is mean, of course she is mean. But there must be more than her telling stupid jokes
First, no, you don't know this person yet you are defending her with your statement. Then you discredit me, when you say, "Of course she is mean but.." and "there must be more..." that is discrediting me. It is. You can't deny that. Because that is exactly what it is.

Then you proceeded to tell me that my reaction to her FB post was wrong, when you wrote this:

Quote:
Maybe it’s annoying when the timing is wrong? How well do you know this person? Do you communicate outside of Facebook? If she told this story face to face would her voice sound snarky? There’s a lot of miscommunication online. Social media is really so drama and arguments inducing and lately there is a lot of hate so there is that.
A NORMAL response would be to agree with the storeclerk's nickname for me, or comment on how cute or accurate it is. But to blatantly mock me telling a story about a bird that pooped on her mom's head?

And here you are again, gaslighting me in my own thread, telling me I'm wrong, when you write this:

Quote:
That’s why I originally suggested to block her. But then since you referred to her as someone you know (a friend?) not just random person I tried to give her benefit of the doubt. Sorry. Clearly she isn’t a friend.

Being social media friends with people who really aren’t friends is not my cup of tea. That’s maybe where our misunderstanding on this thread comes from. Again my apologies.

Your whole post just wreaks of gaslighting. There's nothing actually empathetic in it for me or my situation. You just try to deflect by making statements about social media and friendships to justify your gaslighting. There is no misunderstanding here. There is only your gaslighting me. Which you refuse to acknowledge.

Maybe you can gaslight everyone else on your life or here on PC, but not with me. It won't work.

I'm putting you on ignore now, b/c you clearly refuse to take any responsibility for the way you tried to defend this person, tell me I'm wrong, and then you apology for how I feel - which is not actually an apology it's a deflection tactic - not for the way you actually treated me.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote